Monday, April 30, 2012

kitty love

I had myself a great day off today. Granted, I did a lot of washing which was not exciting but I also got to have lunch with my sister, brother in law and niece! My family live an hour away so its rare any of them get time to come and visit me here. My niece is one in a few months and every single time I see her she gets bigger and is learning more things. It's incredible how fast kids grow.

I also got to have time with my cat banjo who I love dearly. He is a bit of a snob but means the world to me, Ia friend of a friend found him on the side of the road when he was only six weeks old and I've had him pretty much since. He was about one when I broke up with my boyfriend at the time and since I couldn't have him he was taken in by the RSPCA. I remember be totally heartbroken and felt so guilty when I learned this but I was told he was adopted fairly quickly. I spent nearly another year missing him and when I finally brought myself to be able to even think about getting another pet I jumped on the RSPCA website and there he was. What's more incredible is that there was no photo just a description of a ginger cat named Banjo. I called them instantly and after explaining my story they told me they couldn't tell me who surrendered him originally but if I could give her the correct address of where he was picked up they'd tell me yes or no. Suffice to say it was a yes and an hour drive later I walked into his cage and it was like we'd never been separated. The ladies at the RSPCA said although he'd only been there a day they'd never seen a cat meow and purr as much as he did :)

I'm not one to believe in anything out of the ordinary but you cannot tell me for a second that Banjo and I aren't destined to be together.






No comments:

Post a Comment