Thursday, January 5, 2012

A perfect day

Today was pretty close to a perfect day.

And why is that you may ask? Well, Its because I did so many things I just LOVE doing and really took the time to just soak it in and enjoy it ( New years resolution success! )

I spent today in my hometown which is around an hour away from where I live now and still is home to my entire family and my closest friends. Since the car hasn't been working I havent taken the time to go and stay at Mum and Dads for a few months and its really sucked not being able to see my nieces and nephew especially because they just grow up so damn fast!

Aside from missing my family two out of three of my best friends live there and I hardly ever get to see them! Steph and I have been best friends for seven years and have nearly never argued or had anything that counts as a fight. We used to just have such awesome funny times and I've really missed it! Its more epic when we get together with Chantal and do weir stuff and listen to the music of the 2000's! ( No idea when we got old by the way )

My best hoe <3

So thats exactly what I did today. We went down to this place we used to call " Vodka Rocks " in grade ten ( we found a red bear can there once ) and just laid out on the rocks and reminisced about all the fun times we've had and I once again started my crusade on getting them to move to live near me.

Speaking of sunscreen, I nearly lost my shit laughing when I found a little tube of " Quadblock " in Stephs car. You see, a few years ago when Steph was doing her Pharmacy qualifications she got sent giant boxes of " quadblock " sunscreen for doing an assignment on it or something. But like this was seriously
Bubblegum fanta!
YEARS ago and she still bloody has some.

Its crazy to think I've known these ladies for so long. The thing I love the most about our friendship is the fact we can quite literally go for months without talking to each other or seeing each other but as soon as we get together it's like we see each other everyday. I cannot stand the kind of girls who need that friendship that means they have to always be around and in your life. I'm a firm believer that no matter the distance, true friends are always true friends.

The really great thing about today was the fact I enjoyed it. I shared a laugh with my Daddy, showed my Mum the new Facebook app for her phone and had a gossip with my sister. Not to mention I got to cuddle my stunning niece! But most of all I loved that I was home, in the house all of us kids grew up in. Theres something special about the house you became an adult in. Theres just so many memories everywhere you look and that is the beauty of a real family.


Channy checking if the water is minus ten or minus fifteen - Cold, but gorgeous ocean. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment